More Information – Links to other Salmonella web pages
Links to other websites containing useful information and Salmonella news
- British Egg Information service (BEIS)
This service has been set up by the British Egg Industry Council. The BEIS provides information and answers questions about eggs.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention, USA
Up to date health information to prevent and control diseases. The website contains useful fact sheets on diseases.
EUREPGAP is a code intended as a benchmark for the development of schemes for food safety and quality assurance.
- Food Safety Information web site
The European Union Online
- Zoonoses Directive (EC/92/117)
The directive concerned with Salmonella prevention
- UK Food Standards Agency
An independent organisation set up to protect the public’s health and serve consumer interests with relation to food.
- Health Protection Agency
An organization for England and Whales dedicated to protecting people’s health and reducing the impact of infectious diseases, chemical hazards, poisons and radiation hazards.
The U.S Food and Drug Administration of the Department of Health and Human Services.
- US Government food safety information
- WHO – Zoonoses and Veterinary Public health
- Product Boards for Livestock, Meat and Eggs (PVE)